Sunday, December 2, 2012

CrockPot Honey Sesame Chicken

After a crazy busy Thanksgiving weekend, I was finally relaxing on Sunday when I realized that I needed to eat during the week. I was so worried about planning for the weekend that I didn't even think about lunches for work. I did a quick scan of ingredients and decided to make this recipe that I came across on Pinterest a few months ago. I intended to make it as written, but I didn't have enough honey so I started improvising. Here's what I came up with:

Ingredients:
3 or 4 Large Chicken Breasts
Salt
Pepper
Garlic Powder
Cornstarch

1 Small Onion, Diced
3 Cloves Garlic, Minced
2 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
3/4 Cup Honey
2-3 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
1 Tbsp Brown Sugar
1/2 Cup Soy Sauce
2-3 Tbsp Ketchup
1 Tbsp Sesame Oil

Sesame seeds

Cooked Brown Rice


Directions:  
(Apparently I took no pictures of the process. Instead, I took pictures of my dog and Christmas decorations...I'm a distracted cook.)

Season both sides of the chicken salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Dredge lightly with cornstarch. Place into crockpot.

This is Roscoe sleeping on the couch.

Combine onion, garlic, oil, honey, brown sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, ketchup, and sesame oil. Taste sauce and adjust ingredients to your taste. Pour over chicken and flip chicken to coat in sauce.

This is Roscoe surfing the net.

Tip: measure your oil and pour into the measuring cup before you measure the honey. The honey will slide right out instead of being a sticky mess.

This is my feature wall.

Cook on low for 4.5 hours or just until chicken is cooked through.
Remove chicken from crock pot, cut into bite-sized pieces and return to slow cooker. Dredging the chicken in cornstarch should thicken your sauce. If you would like it thicker, dissolve 3 tbsp of cornstarch in water and stir into your sauce.

This is my Christmas tree and Village.

Serve over rice and sprinkle with sesame seeds
(note: these are pictures of actual food)



My honey bear had seen better days so I had to give him a hot bath to get things moving...




Once I replenish my supplies I plan on making the original recipe because it looks so delicious!

Enjoy!
Tracy

No comments: