Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Christmas Cookie Extravaganza

 
I like to give cookies as gifts because who doesn't love cookies?! I always get really excited about baking the cookies and then I remember that it's kind of a huge project. Somebody recently noted that my blog is light on the 'zerts. This is by design. For the past few months, every time I've had the urge to bake, I'd remind myself that I would be baking for 3 days straight in mid-December. Those 3 days are now behind me and I'm pleased to say I survived. 

I'm glad I saved up all of my baking energy, because it propelled me through my final baking day as I questioned my own sanity for making 8 types of cookies. Now that all the cookies are cooled and the dishes are cleaned, I can sit down and present to you Tracy's 2012 Christmas Cookie Line-up:



(We always called them snowballs growing up. I was shocked to learn that they 
go by much fancier names, like Russian Tea Cakes. So classy!)















Most of these are the same cookies I've made every Christmas since I was a little kid baking with my mom. I'm not sure if these are the exact recipes we used, but these are what I've been using. 

The Raspberry Pinwheels and the Almond Shortbread Cookies are my own additions, and the pinwheels are especially loved. I would have a mutiny on my hands if I didn't include them on my cookie plates. I sometimes get the urge to experiment with new types of cookies, but I can't part with my classics!

Happy Holidays Everyone! Make sure to eat lots of cookies!

Tracy 

1 comment:

Kristina said...

Woah girl. That's so many cookies! I always stick with sugar cookies and peanut butter kisses for the holidays ;)

Kristina