Friday, October 19, 2012

Wikipedia Enchiladas

I've been trying to get away from buffalo chicken recipes, but I love using poached, shredded chicken because it's so easy to make and have on hand and it's a cheap way to add meat to a meal. I've also been enjoying spicy dishes lately and I wanted to make something spicy but not hot sauce-y so I thought Tex-Mex! I looked up the Wikipedia entry for enchiladas and it told me that I can do whatever I want, as long as it's topped in a tomato and chile sauce. Thanks Wikipedia!!!
 

Ingredients:
2 cups rice, cooked
3 chicken breasts, poached and shredded
8oz cream cheese, softened
1 can diced green chiles
Chili Powder
Cumin
Salt
Pepper
1 jar green enchilada sauce
10 large tortillas
Mexican blend cheese

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

 Combine chicken, cream cheese, chiles, and spices to taste.


Layer rice and chicken mixture in tortillas and roll them up

Place tortillas in a lightly greased baking pan

Pour enchilada sauce over tortillas and sprinkle with as much cheese as you want. Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes. Remove foil and put under the broiler for about 5 minutes.


 I topped my enchilada with Cholula and ate with a dollop of sour cream.

Soooooooo Yummy!
Tracy

No comments: