Saturday, August 25, 2012

A Confession and a Recipe: Buffalo Chicken Rolls


Back again. This entry means that this blog is already more successful than my first attempt, a few years ago when I was a junior in college. Woo!

Confession time: I have an addiction. Appetizers, dips, veggie platters, crackers: anything that wouldn’t normally be considered a meal, I try to make into a meal. By “make into a meal” I mean eat a ton of it until I’m a full, self-loathing shell of the woman I once was. If I continue down this path, I’ll probably die of a heart attack by age 33 because my arteries will be blocked by cream cheese, but what a way to go…

So last week I decided to finally try some of the delicious-looking recipes I’ve been finding on Pinterest. This actually required me to reorganize my Pinterest boards because I had SO MANY pins on my “Recipes I Want to Try” board (which no longer exists) that things got lost in there. So once I made a board just for dips and appetizers (and one for main dishes, just for good measure) I decided to make Buffalo Chicken Rolls. Since I hate, Hate, HATE blue cheese, I omitted it and just for funzies I tossed a little bit of cheddar into a few of them. I thought it might be a nice cheesy surprise (I was wrong; I couldn’t even tell which ones had cheese.) 

Ingredients:
Poached and shredded chicken
Hot sauce (about 1/2 cup)
Cabbage or Broccoli slaw
Egg Roll Wrappers
Blue Cheese (if you are so inclined)

Directions:
Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees
Add hot sauce to poached, shredded chicken and stir to combine. 


Put a little bit of slaw in the bottom corner of the wrapper
Mine are super tiny because I already had egg roll wrappers, so I just decided to use those

Add chicken on top of the slaw (notice the cheddar cheese!)

Put the rolls on a rack over a baking sheet. Spray or brush with olive oil and bake for about 12-15 minutes.


Ta-Da!
I made these on a Sunday and actually brought these to work for lunch all week. 7 rolls was a filling and satisfying lunch, and these little guys are actually pretty healthy (especially if you omit the cheese!)
 
Tracy

No comments: